FELT GmbH International Warranty Policy
Dear Customer, the following warranty policy applies to all international markets except the USA and Canada. Country specific policies can be found on the FELT distributor’s website of your country. For details of Felt's warranty in the USA and Canada, please contact FELT Racing LLC at: http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA.aspx
FELT GmbH (International) guarantees that our product is free of material or manufacturing defects for 2 years. This warranty includes all FELT bikes, frames and forks and FELT branded products like seat posts, saddles, bars, stems etc.
This warranty applies only to FELT bicycles or frame kits purchased through an authorized FELT dealer or distributor.
The warranty period goes into effect upon purchase and is only valid for the first owner; it is non transferable and invalid for second hand bikes, and will not be extended by replacing the frame or any part of it.
Parts and components from vendors such as Shimano, Sram, RockShox, Bosch, Suntour, Mavic, WTB, Prologo, Zipp, 3T etc. underlie their own policies. Please contact the national distributors directly for claims.
Useful Product LIFE CYCLE
This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that your bicycle or frame kit cannot be broken or will last forever. Bicycles and frame kits will not last forever.
Every FELT bicycle or frame kit has a useful product life cycle. The length of this useful life cycle will vary with the construction and materials of the bicycle or frameset, the maintenance and care the bicycle or frame kit receives over its useful product life cycle, and the type and amount of use the bicycle or frameset is subject to.
Use in competition, jumping, downhill racing, road racing, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use can dramatically shorten the useful product life cycle of a Felt frame kit. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure of a Felt bicycle or frame kit that would not be covered by this warranty.
It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his or her bicycle before each and every ride and to present it periodically by an authorized Felt dealer to check for indications of potential failures including cracks, corrosion, dents, deformation, paint peeling and any other indications of potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse. These are important safety checks to help prevent accidents, bodily injury to the rider and shortened useful product life cycle of your Felt bicycle or frame kit.
This warranty does not cover
- Any damage resulting from normal wear and tear, failure or loss caused by abuse, neglect, used for/in competition, jumping, downhill racing, road racing, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, failure to follow instructions or warnings in the owner’s manual, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, wanton damage or destruction through the original owner or even through third parties or in any other manner for which the bicycle was not designed
- Bicycles or frame kits with no or an incorrect/incomplete sales invoice
- Bicycles or frame kits with a frame serial number that has been removed or is incomplete
- Labor charges for part replacement or changeover
- Bicycles and frames with installed components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bicycle or frameset as sold.
In case of a warranty
Please get back to your retailer for all warranty and service requests even if the bicycle or frame kit was purchased from an online shop or from another country.
If the retailer you purchased your bicycle or frame kit from is no longer in business, please contact the FELT distributor in your country.
The following is necessary to honor and deal with a warranty and must be presented to an authorized Felt dealer or FELT distributor:
- Picture(s) of the whole bicycle/frame (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Picture(s) of the serial number (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Picture(s) of the defect/damage (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Info on bicycle/frame kit model name
- Info on frame size
- Info on model year
- Info on serial number
- Info on defect/damage
- Info on date of purchase
- Sales invoice*
*Some important notes regarding the sales invoice:
The sales invoice must include: the dealers name and address, the customer’s name and address, the date of purchase, the total invoice amount, the name of the bicycle or frame kit indicating model/type, model year, serial number and frame size.
Alternatively, we reserve the right to accept a cash receipt which only shows the dealers name and address, a total invoice amount and date of purchase in connection with an original and complete FELT bike card (this can be found in your FELT owner’s manual).
The FELT bike card must include information on the model/type, model year, serial number, frame size, date of purchase and dealer name/address stamp or sticker.
Once your claim is confirmed to be under warranty you will be offered a repair or if that is not possible a suitable replacement. Such a replacement may differ from the defect item, if the original part is not in stock.
We intend to provide a suitable replacement concerning quality, material, technology and range of use.
The original owner has to pay for all costs for service of labor or additional (spare) parts which may be necessary to rebuild the new frame. Claims made outside the country of purchase may be subject to fees and additional restrictions.
In case a of a non-legitimated warranty request
We know how much you love your FELT bike and understand the burden of having to replace a non-warranty damaged frame. In order to help with this and keep our FELT customers happy and on their bikes, FELT offers a 5 year valid crash replacement program for the first owner. All customers who buy a FELT bicycle or frame kit from September 1st 2013 have the chance to register their FELT product within eight calendar weeks from date of purchase on http://crp.felt.de.
This program can be used to get a discount on a replacement frame in case of non-warranty damage or if the warranty on the frame has expired. Depending on the age of the bike, the following discounts apply to the retail price for a Felt frame in your country:
Year (1) = 50% within 12 months after purchase
Year (2) = 40% within 13-24 months after purchase
Year (3) = 30% within 25-36 months after purchase
Year (4) = 20% within 37-48 months after purchase
Year (5) = 10% within 49-60 months after purchase
Furthermore, with the registration you will have the chance to get our FELT Newsletter, which will keep you up-to-date.
Conditions for the FELT CRP
1. Activation of the 5 year valid FELT CRP is free of charge.
2. The FELT CRP can be activated by the customer within 8 calendar weeks from the date of purchase or by an authorized FELT dealer directly upon purchase. Register at http://crp.felt.de. The customer will get an official FELT CRP certificate via e-mail following the registration.
3. The FELT CRP is only valid for the first owner of a bike purchased after September 1st 2013. The bike or frame kit must be registered.
4. The FELT CRP is valid for all FELT carbon, aluminum and steel frames, except BMX & Cruiser frames, and is not offered in relation to any other products or parts.
5. The FELT CRP can only be used one (1) time within the 5 year period.
6. The FELT CRP is only valid for damage which influences the function of the frame. Optical defects (scratches, paint chips, color, decals, dents etc.) are not covered.
7. The FELT CRP is not valid for any kind of vandalism.
8. The FELT CRP program time period cannot be extended.
9. The FELT CRP is offered to customers who bought their bike or frame kit in any country except the USA and Canada. The purchase of the bike must be from an authorized FELT dealer.
10. The FELT CRP cannot be used for second hand bikes or frame kits, or if the bike or frame kit is already a crash replacement, was purchased at a reduced price or is a warranty replacement that was free of charge.
11. The FELT crash replacement frame is covered by a 2 year warranty period and only if a new sales invoice according the requirements is issued.
12. If you are a FELT customer and bought your bike or frame kit in the USA or Canada, please go to www.feltbicycles.com/USA.aspx for the policies and conditions.
13. FELT GmbH (International) and all official and authorized FELT distributors reserve the right to offer any kind of crash replacement frame for any reason, but will try to find and provide the best and suitable replacement frame or frame kit concerning design, color, quality, material, technology or range of use.
14. FELT GmbH (International) and all official and authorized FELT distributors reserve the right to decline a crash replacement frame for any reason.
15. The original is responsible for covering all costs for shipping, taxes, duties and service of labor or additional parts which may be necessary to rebuild the new bike.
In case you want to use the FELT CRP
1. Please contact your authorized FELT dealer or the FELT distributor in your country.
2. The following is necessary to honor and to deal with FELT CRP:
- Sales invoice*
- Info on defect/damage and how it was caused
- Copy of the FELT CRP certificate
- Picture(s) of the whole bike/frame (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format), Picture(s) of the serial number (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format), Picture(s) of the defect/damage (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
*Important notes regarding the sales invoice:
The sales invoice must include the dealer’s name and address, the customer’s name and address, the date of purchase, the total invoice amount, the name of the bike/frame kit indicating model/type, model year, serial number and frame size.
Please note that a sales invoice which only shows a sum and which does not indicate the correct name of Felt model/type, model year, serial number and frame size cannot be accepted. Any changes or additions to a sales invoice will void the FELT CRP.
Alternatively, FELT has the right to accept a cash receipt which only shows the dealers name and address, a total invoice amount and date of purchase together with an original and complete FELT bike card (this can be found in your FELT owner’s manual). The FELT bike card must include the information on model/type, model year, serial, number, frame size, date of purchase and dealer name/address stamp or sticker.
3. When all information is provided and correct, FELT GmbH (International) or the official and authorized FELT distributor will decide if a crash replacement frame will be granted and what frame will be offered.