Farrar second at Stage 2 in Oman
Monday, February 15, 2010
Oman—Tyler Farrar scored another second place on his Felt F1 in the Persian Gulf Monday, this time at Stage 2 of the Tour of Oman.
Last week Farrar and his Garmin-Transitions teammates, including Svein Tuft—pictured here leading Farrar in Monday's Tour of Oman stage— raced the Tour of Qatar stage race. Farrar showed that his early-season form is coming around when he finished second in the final stage of that six-day event.
There was no rest for the weary, as the Garmin boys went straight to another stage race in this region the following day. The inaugural six-day Tour of Oman goes through Friday.
After opening the Tour of Oman with a nighttime criterium on Saturday, the 128-rider field, which includes a handful of the world’s fastest sprinters, tackled a 148.5-kilometer stage from Nizwa to Samail on Monday. After an early break, it came down to a group sprint at the end, and Farrar charged to second, just behind Italian Daniele Bennati. Farrar sits fourth overall heading into Tuesday’s Stage 3.
TOUR OF OMAN
Stage 2: Nizwa - Samail 148.5km
1. Daniele Bettati (Ita), Liquigas-Doimo, 3:33”03
2. Tyler Farrar (USA), Garmin-Transitions, same time
3. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor), Sky, same time
4. Matti Breschel (Den), Saxo Bank, same time
5. Danilo Napolitano (Ita), Katusha, same time
2. Jimmy Casper (Fra), same time
1. Boasson Hagen, 4:55:15
3. Bennati, same time
4. Farrar, at 0:04
5. Kenny De Haas (Bel), Omega Pharma-Lotto, at 0:06